Thursday 2 June 2016

DARE TO TRUST IN GOD







I was once told to cast my burden on a man that he cares for me. I was told emphatically that he could solve all my problems and give me eternal freedom. But seriously, I wouldn’t believe this. I mean, I do have an open mind, and irrespective of how open my mind is, I could hardly leave all my issues and challenges to chance. I had to take charge, to be in front of the situation. After all that is why I have a sound mind and body. No matter how I taught about it, it never made sense to me, at least not in a practical way, how can I put my trust in God? No one understands God? Who knows what he is planning? Who knows his will? What he will do next? And ultimately is he even listening to me? Or does he have my time?
Seriously, I have thought about these questions and the more I thought of it, the more dilemma I found myself. That is where I remembered Cardinal Rule 3(In taking up the attitude and being in harmony with Christ; we should like Christ not equate ourselves with God or his Son) and it all made sense suddenly. That is why it is said that God is not man, so no matter how hard I try, I will not understand how God works, when he works and how he listens to prayers. It is when I decided to stop asking God the questions of “how will you deliver the goods” that is when I learnt this important lesson that, there is no power as God, no wisdom as his, no authority like his authority. The way God works, no mind can put it together and make sense of it. My friends and followers don’t ever try to make sense of what God does or why he does it. This might take you a good lifetime. Instead “Dare to trust in him”
    As a child, that grew up in a Christian family. I have heard the message of faith preached severally and not until now did I realize that the messages about faith were taken a bit too lightly. To have faith is no small task, especially when you are brilliant and have so many resources at your disposal, that at a spot you can think of Plan A all through to Plan Z. And someone expects you to just sit back, watch and have faith? I will possibly say, tell that to the birds! As such I’ll go on and on with my life and never give God an opportunity to actually do something real, tangible and eternal in my life. I know it never easy to let go of all you know and trust in God. It’s a rare wisdom only enlightened people will possess. It is a wisdom that teaches you to look beyond this world and into the next plane of existence. A wisdom that no amount of money or education can bestow, a wisdom given only by God, to the children he loves.
     Let God work in your life today, allow him to straighten you up. For too long you’ve gone astray, let God bring you back home. Let go of all you know and learn from his eternal wisdom that surpasses all understanding, tap from his infinite Grace. Dare to trust in God. I learnt this important lesson only when I looked around and I realized there was no Plan A – Z, that there was no plan at all. I was choice less, almost hopeless. But God gave me his infinite wisdom, which comes with a desire to serve him. This wisdom gave me a serene peace at a time of great turbulence. It gave me a calm of godlikeness in times when I should have gone mad with worry. It soothed my soul, set me on a direction of my true purpose and gave me clarity of perspective I never thought I could have. All my plans, knowledge and all the books in the world could not do this for me. It is only God that can and it is only through Gods wisdom, we can gain true inner peace and conquer our most daunting demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment